* Made in a cGMP Compliant and FDA registered Facility * No Artificial Flavoring * Wheat & Dairy Free * For Dogs of all sizes *
The heat processing of popular dry or canned commercial pet food destroys nearly all the naturally occurring enzymes. The body will then have to draw these necessary enzymes from the small reserves of other organs which, after time, can lead to debilitating conditions. Digestive enzymes assist in the breakdown of food enabling nutrients, essential for all cellular functions, to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Also, undigested commercial pet food in the stomach builds up toxins that can weaken and may leave the body open to disease.
- Protease Hydrolyzes protein
Amylase Hydrolyzes carbohydrates
- Lipase Hydrolyzes fats
- Cellulase Breaks down cellulose such as corn, rice and wheat, which are common fillers used in commercial pet food.
- Probiotics 90 million CFU
- All the enzymes are plant based, Enzymes are not live cultures. They are extracted from bacteria and then processed into powder form by spray drying or by freeze drying. Neither process damages the integrity of the Enzymes.
Probiotic and Prebiotic Information
- Stress, diet, infections, lifestyle changes, medication, and illness cause the normal bacteria in a pet’s intestinal tract to become depleted.
- Supplementation becomes necessary to maintain proper health, as gut micro flora is involved in resistance to disease.
- Probiotics are live and are added to the enzyme powder in dry form. The spores are activated in the stomach (stomach acid and moisture both play a role) and germinate and reproduce in the intestine.
- Prebiotics help B. coagulans and other beneficial bacteria in the gut by providing a food source. Prebiotics are preferred by good bacteria over bad. Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) is from chicory root fiber (synonyms: inulin, shorter chain inulin)
- If pet is on antibiotics it is more beneficial to feed probiotics two hours after the antibiotic.
120 Soft Chews | Net Wt. 10.0 oz