Skin disorders are among the most common health problems in pets seen by veterinarians. Veterinarians have found that fatty acids may play important roles in areas other than skin and coat such as allergies, control of natural inflammatory responses, joint health, and the function of other body organs in dogs and cats. Those fatty acids which they cannot produce themselves, but must be obtained through their diet, are called ‘essential’ fatty acids such as omega-3’s and the omega-6’s.
The condition of skin and coat can also be an important indicator of their general health. If a dog or cat is in good health but experiences dry, flaky skin, and itchiness, then essential fatty acids, antioxidants and other nutrients will help to promote healthy skin. They work at the cellular level to provide the nutrients needed for skin development and provide the first line of defense against allergens.
- Omega 6 Fatty Acid Essential for maintenance of good skin & coat condition
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid Benefits health of skin & coat
- Flaxseed Contains alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an essential fatty acid that may be beneficial for heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis, and other health conditions
- Salmon Oil Contains the omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors to eicosanoids that may reduce inflammation
- EPA & DHA Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids
- Does NOT require refrigeration
- Contains natural preservatives
- Supplied in a tasty soft chew.
Benefits from EPA and DHA include:
- Improving the coat and skin.
- Possibly reducing natural inflammatory responses due to conditions such as arthritis, allergies, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- May help regulate the immune system.
- May help improve cognitive function in older dogs.
- Possibly promotes weight loss in overweight dogs.
- May help in producing more collagen.
Made with natural ingredients. Not derived from dairy or soy. No corn or artificial ingredients.
120 Soft Chews | Net Wt. 12 oz